Thursday, May 22, 2008

The calm before the storm

Having trained and raced hard for four weeks, last week was a much needed recovery week. Since I had a couple days off work and no racing to be done, Andrea and I headed east to seek out a little sun. We left midday Friday and drove over to the Methow Valley to camp for the weekend.

I couldn't have asked for a more refreshing getaway. The weather was fan-Frickin'-tastic. Finally we got a little sunshine, and Andrea, Kiwi, and I took full advantage. We hiked, swam, mountain biked, and ran...just a bit. A little sunshine and warm weather goes a long way in recharging the body.

Update: Having taken so long to finish this post, I've since had another week of big volume following the recovery described above. Boy, hard training and frequent blogging do not go hand in hand, at least for me. Training is going very well, and I can't wait for this next week. The Alabama Hammer and I are headed down to Auburn to get a little time on the course. I'll try to be a little more dilligent with my posting. Thanks for the understanding. Now back to training.

1 comment:

Alison Hanks said...

Ummm, Brian, I am totally offended. You were in the Methow and didn't call me?! Now that I'm thinking about it I think that was the weekend we moved here. But we did do a great run that Sunday. If I EVER read a post of you coming up here and I don't hear from you first, well, I just hope you don't. You've gotta come for a running weekend!!!!! We've been having so much fun. We ran up to North Gardner (9000ft) today. Okbye.