Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Obsess Much?

Am I totally crazy to be going to 5, yes I said 5, Pearl Jam shows in a span slightly longer than a month? I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. They will play a completely different set each one of those nights, in fact, they'll play a different set every night of the whole tour. Plus, they only tour about once every 3-4 years, so if you're a fan, you've got to make the most of it when they do. So beginning September 21st I'll be attending 2 Seattle shows, 1 Vancouver, BC show, 1 Portland show, and one very special show on Halloween in Philadelphia, PA. It is a bit obsessive isn't it?

Well I know I've been blogging a lot about non-running things, but there's still been plenty of running happening as well. Lately I've done most of my running to and from work. It's such a great way to energize yourself before work and unwind after. The weather has been fabulous here in Seattle, so run commuting has been a real treat recently.

Speaking of real treats, on Sunday evening Andrea and I were fortunate enough to attend the wedding of my old runnin' partner the "Alabama Hammer." It was a beautiful ceremony, and even though I despise him for no longer running with me (only kidding), I couldn't be happier for him.

3 comments:

Joe Kulak said...

Hey! Let me know if you want to hit some local awesome trails while you're in Philly. I can scoop up Barry Lewis and show you soem nice traisl close to downtown Philly.

Cheers.

Joe Kulak

crowther said...

Brian, it appears that you are taking a Marathon Maniac approach to these events (more is better!) rather than, say, a Howard Nippert approach (focus on one and make it as good as possible). I just hope the muscle damage from a Pearl Jam show is less severe than that from an ultra. Maybe stay away from the mosh pits?

Justin Angle said...

Wissahickon Park. Very easy to get to and some surprisingly good "urban" trails. You'll feel deep in the woods. Oh, and you can't go to the Spectrum without a trip to Pat's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wissahickon_Creek