Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You did what?

It's true. My name is Brian and I blew off a day of running to try fruitlessly to attend a rock show. I recognize that I have a problem, and I'm ready to openly share my issues. This was not the first time that I have sacrificed a workout for a show. But this wasn't just any show. I know. I know. It doesn't matter who was playing. It's a problem to be blowing off responsibilities to rock out. But what if I told you that it was the Nude Dragons? Doesn't ring a bell? How are you with word scrambles? It's a clever anagram for none other than SOUNDGARDEN. Yes, I said Soundgarden.

Well if you have been reading closely, you know that I said I tried "fruitlessly," so don't bother asking me how the show was. Well actually it did sound pretty good...from the curb outside the club. It's too painful to rehash all the details, but let's just say that I spent the better part of 12 hours standing in line, and I never saw the inside of the venue. How pathetic am I?

Thankfully I bounced back this last week and cranked out some great workouts. On Thursday morning I ran double Squak repeats for the first time this year. The first was 36 minutes and the second 37 minutes. I felt pretty good about that, although I would have preferred to flip the times. It always feels better to knock that second one out just a bit faster than the first. Then on Friday the Danimal and I ran a 27 mile point to point from Rattlesnake Lake to Highpoint. My legs felt remarkably strong during that run. I ended up finishing this past week with 84 miles. I know that sounds like fairly pedestrian mileage these days, but considering I feel at my strongest between 90-100 miles, I'm pretty happy with that.

This weekend I'll be headed over to the Methow Valley for the Sunflower Marathon.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Rock on! Good luck at the marathon - between you and Miwok there's lots of results to look forward to early next week.

Brian Morrison said...

Miwok should definitely be an exciting race.

Aubrey Morrison said...

And I as a good sister wasted a couple hours of my time constantly refreshing the stupid Ticketmaster website. Honestly, two hours hitting refresh every few seconds.